Call of Duty Mobile recently released, and players may have a few questions about the new Android and iOS game. In this guide, we reveal tips for name changes and list 10 of its best guns.
How to change your name in Call of Duty Mobile
Once you’ve played Call of Duty: Mobile for a while, you may be wondering how to change your username without losing the progress you’ve made. Currently there are two ways to do this, and only one of them costs real-world money.
The Free Facebook Trick
The easiest way to change names in Call of Duty Mobile requires an active Facebook account. While the drawback of needing an extra login is a bit of a bummer, this is the only method that doesn’t have any associated fees.
- When launching Call of Duty Mobile, log in with your Facebook credentials.
- Once logged in, all your data and progress will be safely linked to your Facebook account.
- Now uninstall the Call of Duty Mobile app. This is done on iOS by holding down the app icon and tapping the little X that appears in the corner. On Android, go to Settings > Apps and Notifications > See all apps > Call of Duty Mobile > Uninstall
- Reinstall it via the App Store or Google Play and log in with the same Facebook account. When you do, you’ll be asked to enter a new name.
The paid way – 500 CoD Points
If you’re not willing to make a Facebook account, the way to change names in-game is a bit more complicated and costly.
- Tap the player icon in the top-left corner of the screen and scroll over to the second tab, Player Profile.
- Tap the pencil icon near the player name, and you’ll see the change name screen.
Official name changes in Call of Duty Mobile can only be done every three days and require the purchase of a Name Change Card. Currently the only way to get one of those is to buy 500 CoD Points, so we suggest using the Facebook linking tip while it’s still active. It may be patched in future updates, but for now, having Facebook is way better than spending extra money.
Best guns in Call of Duty Mobile
Once you have a name you want, it’s time to do some shooting. In the early weeks since launch, here are 10 of the game’s best guns worth considering.
- RPD: If you like machine guns, the RPD is a really solid choice that’s unlocked fairly early. Paired with FMJ, Foregrip and Extended Mag it can be super powerful while offering a huge clip.
- M21: A semi-auto sniper may not be most people’s first choice, but the M21 is really fun with a Tactical Scope, Stock, FMJ and Extended Mag.
- BY15: For shotgun fans, the BY15 is a great option unlocked at level 15. It’s suitable for all close encounters alongside Laser Sight, Long Barrel and Extended Mag.
- Type 25: This is a top choice amongst Call of Duty Mobile players for its fast fire rate. It’s best paired with perks like Quickdraw, Foregrip and Extended Mag.
- Striker: As an alternative to the BY15, the Striker is also solid for close-quarters combat. Its increased range, however, makes this Shotgun well worth consideration It’s best improved by Long Barrel, Fast Mag and Laser Sight.
- DL Q33. This is probably the best sniper in the game to the point where it probably needs a nerf. With perks like FMJ, Extended Mag and Stock, this accurate gun is basically unstoppable.
- AK117: With Quickdraw, Foregrip and Extended, the accuracy of this gun is totally insane.
- S36: This is a high-level unlock, but it’s worth it.
- AK47: As long as you’re good at controlling recoil, this Call of Duty classic does lots of damage despite its fairly slow rate of fire. While it was nerfed recently, this gun is still a powerhouse.
- PDW-57: This is another high-damage offering with a massive clip designed for medium and long-range encounters.
This list will likely shift as updates alter the base stats of various guns, but there should be enough here to get you started at beginner, intermediate and skilled play levels. Unlocks are an important part of progression in Call of Duty Mobile, and these are some of the best guns worth focusing on.
Call of Duty Mobile is available now on Android and iOS.
Were you able to change your name in Call of Duty Mobile? What are your favorite guns in the game? Tell us in the comments section!